Let me introduce you my first guest in " U got the look " inspiring girls: Elisa.
Come with me and enter her world.
I'm 100% italian and I live in a small town near the french coast.
I actually stay in Milano very often because of my work
- Job ? I'm a free lance stylist and creative , booking agent and PR.
- Studies ? I spent one year in a hype art school in Nice.......
then I started to learn things by myself trough my passions and my curiosity
- Style icons Jane Birkin, Irina Lazareanu, Liv Tyler
- describe your personnal style
I love colors , I love to combine them in special way.
I’m obsessed by tights and that’s the reason why I often wear skirts and dresses.
I have a good collection of vintage t-shirts and I love to wear them with cardigans.
I’m very proud of my shoes selection, mostly vintage.
I use accessories to give a special mood to my outfits.
- favorite designers ? I have a crush for Luella. I adore Tsumori Chisato and Anna Sui.
Marc Jacobs is an evergreen for me.
- favorite fashion magazine and blog
I love Jalouse mag, Lula and I read Nylon sometimes.
I’d love to find a good make up magazine.
I often say I’d love to know more about make up in fashion shootings,
they rarely write about cosmetics used in fashion pages.
I have some bookmarks I daily read, one of them is Style Bubble, of course.
- your favorite item my fav item ever?
Maybe a Birkin by Hermes, definitely in blue jean color.
If I have to choose between MY items it will be my vintage boots I bought some years ago on ebay.
I love them, I actually can’t live without.
I feel a romantic obsession for my old sam & libby flats, even if I can’t wear them anymore.
- favorite beauty products and Brand – give me some beauty secrets:
I have a "coupe de coeur", a crush at the moment: it's jasmin oil for my hair.
This is my beauty secret of last winter, to obtain shiny and soft hair during the bad-weather season.
Another product I love is Fair and Lovely cream, I buy it in Milan in Indian shops
and it’s a must have for my fairnessI can't live without lipstick and blush.
I'm actually in love with Lustering lipstick shade from M.A.C and a peachy / coral blush from Zara shop.
I was looking for the perfect coral mood and I found this one as the perfect one for me.
I love mascara but I often forget to use it, don't know why.
I love BAD GAL from Benefit and I use another cheap mascara at 3.99 euros which is really really really black. .
My latest tip is: “stop dying your hair ! “ , I really recommend to try this once in your life.
- what is your perfume ?
I love to change and discover new scents. Im waiting for new from Stella Mc Cartney,
I use "Stella " during the winter season and "Peony " when spring is coming .
Others perfumes I like : Premier Figuier, Jour de fete and Tea for two from L'artisan Parfumeur,
Comme des Garçons serie 5 : sherbet , Mint scent from Comme des garçons, Lou Lou from Cacharel,
Mitsouko and Jardin des Bagatelles from Guerlain.
I want to buy “Teint de Neige” de Villoresi , it's my latest fav scent!
- do you love tattou ? not so much, let's say I don't like them on me but at the same time
I’d love to have one which is really symbolic to me and better not visible.
I love too keep my skin natural and fairy .
- flats or heels ? flats, definitely. I will make a confession: I think heels are so uncomfortable,
I can wear wedges anyway.
- how long do you take to dress up ?
Not so much to dress up, maybe a little more to make up and do my brushing.
I iron my hair every day and it takes a little time.
I need something like 45 minutes to be ready and go out.
- Do you wear vintage ? where do you buy it ? yes, mostly on ebay, especially shoes.
some shops on ebay:
I usually follow flea markets in France and when I travel to Paris or Berlin I have some favourite shops.
Paris: vintage shops in Rue des Rosiers (for boots), Guerissol (my fav place for cheap items), Killiwatch of course, chez Mamie, Ken Claude for American stuff and a really lovely shop called Culotte , dans le Marais.
Berlin: Paul’s boutique (a great selection of vintage sneakers), Garage, Calypso for shoes.
- Do you dye your hairs ? Not anymore. I've been black during many years, red once during 6 month, then I started to dye my hair in brunette to let them grow in my natural color. I'm actually a very natural brunette, I dindn't dye my hair since one year and I feel so good.
- Your inspirations :Music, books, movies ….
I’m very inspired by Italo disco and French new wave from the 80s’. Cheesy music with synths , female vocals and arpeggio. Some names: The Flirts, Fake, Fancy, Elli et Jacno, Mathematiques modernes, Alexander Robotnik, Casco, Diana Est...
Click on this tape to listen for Elisa pics:
Music is very inspiring me for fashion especially.
I love french movies from la nouvelle vague . It's definitely the most influential for fashion ever
- Do you follow the fashion trend?
I try to understand what’s trendy and buy some “must have”,
then try to fit it with vintage , always.
- Do you think that fashion is too expensive ?
I try to make it cheaper. Let’s say I’m very lucky with vintage
and I always find something really nice and at the same time really cheap. That’s easy on ebay.
- Do you use organics products ?
I have some organic stuff from American Apparel
and some lingerie by H&M in organic cotton.
- How many clothes do you buy per month ?
It really depends if I find interesting items.
I usually buy one pair of shoes, a dress and some tops every month.
A bag every two months, but it happens I'm on holidays or travelling somewhere
so I find cool stuff to buy...or surely during season sales my shopping drastically increase.
Or also, for example, I bought 3 pair of shoes this month,
3 vintage bags because of the flea markets,
and a lot of accessories because I was really inspired and lucky ahaha
- How many cosmetics do you buy per month ?
Many, I buy stuff for my beauty routine once a month.
Foundation, cleanser, my daily cream.
Then I try to test some new products when I can, let's say once a week.
- Where have you spend your last vacations ?
Paris, for the new year eve, this was my last trip. I really need a vacation right now.
I usually travel very often but this year I had a lo of work,
that’s great but now I need to relax heheh
Gorakadan, the Onsen Paradise in Hakone, Japan.
I need an intensive relax vacation ! I want to go to L.A as well.
- Who is your favorite living fashion icon ? My dear friend Valeria
- Who is the worst fashion icon ?
Fergie, I’m really disappointed when people defines her as Icon.
I really can't understand it.
- What fashion designers will you never buy ? and why ? D&G , so “mauvais goût”.
- Would you like to become famous ?
Who not, but I understand the risk.
I'd prefer to keep my "underground" attitude anyway...
Or being famous for something good I’m doing...
- Describe a little the photos of your bag, your bathroom with the products, Your dressing, your room and a item you cherish.
My phone and my blackberry, vintage sunglasses, my ipod, lipstick by mac,
red moleskine, some money , marc jacobs mirror, blush and foundation,
I love to try different shampoo (I actually use phytogenium by Phyto or Klorane).
This is my jasmine oil for hair....then a sweet scrub in violet scent,
sunscreen, caudalie purity mask, crealine h20 for demakeup,
massage oil and eau thermale avene and Bourjois oxygen deodorant.
This is a selection of my fav items in my dressing: My vintage yellow dress, skirt I bought my first time at kiliwatch, vintage dress kinda disco, vintage sweater and pull with fancy applications, summer dress, a lilica tailleur, pink pull bought in Berlin. Some shoes , vintage.